Wednesday 23 April 2014

After viewing the webinar "Apps in Action for Severe Autism", I began to reflect on which Apps I use in my classroom. I have used some of the Apps mentioned in the webinar, but I haven't used the one's that really stood out like, Pictello and Injini. When I was watching  the overview of Pictello and Injini I thought that they would be very useful for some of my students. Pictello would be so meaningful for some of my students, because they can record themselves and play back the instructions. What I also liked about Pictello was the ability to create social stories for my students. This allows the user to make it personable for each student.


 
 


Students in my classroom have access to three iPads and we do use some Apps for self-regulation like, "Heart Math" which is a great App/software that monitors the individual's pulse levels by placing a clip on the ear lobe. The activities just take a few minutes each day and help students with anger, anxiety and frustration to feel more at ease. It's a great calming strategy. The Fluid App that was presented in the webinar looks very interesting and another great calming APP.
I would definitely like to try this one out with my students.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment